PTA Peripheral Traction Clarifiers are used to remove biological sludge and floating particles in circular primary and secondary settling tanks in both municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants.
High efficiency in removing biological sludge and floating particles
DescriptionPTA Peripheral Traction Clarifiers are used to suck biological sludge and remove floating particles in circular-type primary and secondary settling tanks in both municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants.
FunctionPTA Peripheral Traction Clarifiers are composed of a movable truck lying in the centre on a rotating central support and at the periphery on a traction trolley. The PTA Clarifier is operated by a gearbox connected to a slip ring placed in the central support.
Waste water enters the concrete tank through a central cylinder which spreads the liquid. Sludge settles on the tank bottom while light particles and scum float to the surface. Thanks to the slow movement of the truck special syphon pipes equipped with scraper blades suck the settled sludge. The syphon pipes are adjusted by means of telescopic valves installed on the walkway. Floating particles are collected by a surface scraper and conveyed into the scum-box.
Clean water flows through Thomson profile weirs into the peripheral launder.
- Available for up to 60 metre diameter tanks
- Scum removal device
- Hot dip-galvanised carbon steel / 304 L / 316 L SS
- Quick installation
- High efficiency removal of sludge and floating matter
- Easy installation even in existing tanks
- PTA Peripheral Traction Clarifiers with +1/3 walkway length radius, with bottom scraper and back bottom scraper
- Double traction clarifier with diametric walkway and double scrapers
- Material: 304 L / 316 L SS / painting
- Alternative voltage and frequency
- Alternative degree of motor protection
- Control panel
- Scum removal by means of “rotoling pipe” system
- Stainless steel clean water launder
- Electric torque limit switch
- Motorized rotating brush for weirs/launder cleaning